Land on the Hole in the Rock - 35min
- Duration: 35 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: HM35
For many years visitors have come to the Bay of Islands to venture through this top New Zealand icon the Hole in the Rock on boats, we have flown them over it thousands of times, and it has been admired by many for its unique appearance and history.
Now you can experience it up close and on foot, landing by helicopter on our newly built helipad on top of the island. You will have a brief stop on the island helipad and viewing platform for those unique photos to be taken!
Very few people in history, including Maori, have ever ventured on the island in this way before. Being surrounded by steep cliffs (over 150 metres high) and stunning scenery looking towards Cape Brett and its surrounds, this unique landing location will no doubt appeal to the adventurous.PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN REQUEST A DEPARTURE TIME TO SUIT YOU IN THE BOOKING FORM.
Availability and Booking Information
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone us for availability as you can not book online
- This flight flys on demand with availability throughout the day so when booking please enter what time you would like to request.
- We will respond within 24 hours to confirm your booking and departure time we can offer
- Flights require a minimum of 2 people, however if 1 person we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers
- Children are the same price as adults for ages 4 years and over. Infants are under 4 years and can fly seated on the lap of an adult free of charge
- When booking please provide the weight of each passenger in the fields provided
- WE DO NOT OPERATE ON 25 DECEMBER
- Prior to one week of travel - full refund
- Within one week and 48 hours of departure - 50% refund
- Within 48hrs of departure - no refund
- Cancellation by Salt Air due to weather or serious illness will not incur a cancellation fee
Adverse weather conditions may mean that the scheduled itinerary cannot proceed as intended. If adverse weather means that you are unable to complete the full tour then any refund will be adjusted on a pro rata basis dependant on the flying time involved.